With over 50 years of combined experience, the Buckley Law Civil Litigation Department has learned that disputes can be resolved in two places: the conference room or the courtroom. At Buckley Law, our civil litigation lawyers are equally capable to manage both. Licensed to practice in Oregon and Washington, Buckley Law litigators can bring or respond to the threat of a lawsuit in the conference room, and successfully represent our clients’ interests in the courtroom.
Highly competent and experienced in federal and state courts throughout Oregon and Washington, Buckley Law litigators set themselves apart from other attorneys by their attention to detail and focus on client service. Buckley Law litigators understand the financial realities our clients face when confronting an actual or possible lawsuit. As a result, the client service begins with thoughtful and careful analysis of the issues in dispute. The client service continues with a detailed budget focused on our clients’ needs and financial reality.
Before initiating litigation, we will analyze your case carefully to ensure it makes sense financially as well as legally. This type of “bottom-line analysis” provides you with a realistic estimate of what you can expect your case to cost, how long it will take, and the strategy we will employ to win. If your case does go to trial, you will have the confidence that comes from knowing you are represented by an experienced, highly competent and aggressive advocate who understands both the case realities and respects the economics of litigation.
Because the courtroom is not always the best place to resolve a lawsuit, Buckley Law litigators are also trained and experienced in alternative dispute resolution in the forms of negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. When it is in our clients’ best interests, these forms of dispute resolution can be less expensive and time-consuming than formal litigation.
Frequently requested services include:
- Bottom-line legal and financial analysis
Trial experience In State and Federal Courts In Oregon and Washington:
- Administrative Law
- Agricultural (crop lien disputes, crop sales/purchase agreements, migrant labor, organic decertification)
- Appellate (Oregon and Washington)
- Business and Corporate (including shareholder disputes and corporate squeeze-outs)
- Collection (creditor representation)
- Commercial and Contractual (including UCC, consumer and securities litigation)
- Construction (including construction defects and liens)
- Insurance Defense
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment (management/employment representation)
- Land Use
- Professional Licensing and Malpractice
- Real Estate (residential and commercial)
- Trust Litigation
Alternative dispute resolution: