Martin Medeiros is a Shareholder at Buckley Law. His practice area encompasses a range of services to clients including business formations and transactions, intellectual property, technology applications and IT, business succession management, privacy and security, and copyright and trademark law.
With more than 20 years of experience, Martin helps organizations build value by treating intellectual property as a strategic asset. He is a resource for clients who need to manage internal legal issues such as transactions and disputes, and provides leadership to internal resources and management of external professional services. Martin also works with clients to look at what strategic, tactical, operational, and contingent priorities require resources and which do not.
He works with clients globally by creating legal systems that limit risk and preserve value and has authored and edited various parts of the five-volume set “Advising Oregon Business.” Martin also served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Oregon and as Chairman of the Small Business Advisory Counsel for the City of Portland. He has negotiated thousands of transactions, teaches on and authored six books on negotiation, and hosts an award-winning podcast, The Persuasion Lab.
Prior to joining Buckley Law, Martin founded Medeiros Law Group in 2015. The firm joined with Buckley in 2023. Martin received his J.D. from The University of Tulsa College of Law, and a B.S. in Finance from the American University Kogod School of Business. He is member of the Oregon State and Washington State bar associations.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional / United States (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Oregon Law Institute, Lewis & Clark College of Law
- Member, MIT Technology Review Global Panel
- Volunteer Editor, Advising Oregon Business, Oregon State Bar
- Volunteer Counsel, U.S. Marines Memorial Association
- Negotiation Competition Judge, American Bar Association
- Past Chair, Technology Law Section, Oregon State Bar
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Negotiation & Dispute Resolution
- External General Counsel Compliance/Governance
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Court
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- The University of Tulsa College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- American University Kogod School of Business, B.S. in Finance