Layla K. McLean
As part of the Estate Planning Group, shareholder Layla McLean focuses on estate planning and administration for taxable and non-taxable estates, business law and real estate transactions. When it comes to estate planning, Layla brings a collaborative approach towards the personal and financial goals of her clients, guiding them through this often-complex road. Her knowledge on a range of business and real estate matters provide her clients with asset protection strategies to secure the financial future for them and their loved ones.
Layla McLean actively participates in the Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association and is a member of the Oregon Women Lawyers Association Mary Leonard Chapter, the Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council, the Clackamas County, Multnomah County and the Marion County Bar Associations, and the listservs for estate planning, business law, elder law and the cannabis business law section. She is also a mentor to incoming first year law students at Willamette Law and is involved in the Imprint Program which focuses on mentoring high school students from disadvantaged households. Layla is currently involved in the Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp and the Pitch, a women’s only networking group that focuses on volunteering opportunities with various philanthropic non-profits.
Born and raised on Oahu, Hawaii, Layla eventually moved to Oregon where she graduated from Portland State University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Global Marketing. She also obtained a Post-Baccalaureate in Business Advertising before earning her law degree and dispute resolution certificates in mediation and arbitration from Willamette University College of Law. Layla also attended the East China University College of Politics and Law in Shanghai, China where she lived for a summer while studying Chinese business law.
In her free time, Layla McLean enjoys traveling abroad and back home to Hawaii, snowboarding, cooking, spending time with her family, her niece Olivia and nephew Dylan.
Areas of Focus
- Taxable & Non-Taxable Estates
- Trust Administration
- Succession Planning
- Special Needs Trust
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Member, Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS) – Mary Leonard Chapter
- Member, Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member, Clackamas Bar Association
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Marion Bar Association
- Mentor, First-Year Law Students at Willamette University
- Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp
- Member, Pitch Networking Group
- Member, Imprint Program
Admitted to Practice
- Portland State University | Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Global Marketing and a Post Baccalaureate in Business Advertising
- East China University College of Politics and Law | Chinese Business Law, Shanghai, China
- Willamette University College of Law | Juris Doctor (J.D.) & Dispute Resolution Certificates