Molly Becker practices litigation, including contested guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, and probate, trust, and elder abuse matters. She is honored to advocate for vulnerable adults, the elderly, and their families.
Molly also specializes in representing clients with Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) involvement, from the start of a Child Protective Services assessment to the Founded review process. Having Child Welfare involvement in your family’s life is stressful enough, so it is critical to have representation by someone who understands their complex rules and procedures and has a proven track record of success. She also represents parents and resource parents in dependency proceedings.
Molly earned her B.A. in Psychology from Portland State University in 2011. Right after graduation, she began her career in social work for the Department of Human Services, Child Welfare in Portland. She worked as a Child Protective Services caseworker, in which she investigated reports of child abuse and neglect, and was on the front lines of protecting vulnerable children in Oregon. Her years at DHS inspired her to go to law school.
As a student at Lewis & Clark Law School, Molly was awarded Best Oral Advocate and Best Trial Team, was an Associate Editor for Environmental Law Review, and worked at the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office as well as the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic. She graduated with her J.D. in January 2021 and shortly thereafter joined the team at Buckley Law, where she is proud to work under Katelyn Skinner.
In her spare time, Molly can be found keeping up with her kids and dogs (a pug and a rescue chihuahua). She is a classically trained cellist, continues to add to her collection of history and true crime books, and is passionate about the protection of animals.
Molly continues to utilize and build upon her unique skillset and background in providing clients with thoughtful counsel and diligent advocacy.
Areas of Focus
- Probate Litigation
- DHS Child Welfare and Founded review representation
- Elder Abuse Claims
- Elderly Persons or Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (EPPDAPA) protective orders
Professional Achievement & Recognition
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree (2023)
- Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch in the fields of Family Law and Litigation – Trusts & Estates (2024)
Professional & Community Activities
- CLE Committee member, Multnomah Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section
- Member, Guardian/Conservator Association of Oregon
- Court appointed representation of parties to protective proceedings
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
Presentations and CLEs
- Presenter, Navigating the Complexities of Mandatory Reporting Requirements: What You Need to Know, Oregon State Bar International Law and Family Law sections CLE, April 2023
- Presenter, From Hotline Call to Founded Letter: Effective Strategies for Representing DHS-Involved Clients, Oregon State Bar Family Law Section Conference CLE, October 2022
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State and Federal Courts
- Lewis & Clark Law School – Juris Doctor J.D.
- Portland State University – Bachelor’s, Psychology
Probate Litigation, Guardianships/Conservatorship