Jaye Wickham Taylor
Shareholder, Past President
Jaye Wickham Taylor focuses her practice on family law litigation. She also has extensive experience in tax and financial planning, qualified plan design and administration, and insurance and securities portfolio design. Jaye’s financial and pension background make her particularly well suited to assist clients in high-asset divorce litigation and post divorce estate planning. Jaye also understands the challenges business-owning clients face, having built, successfully operated, and then sold her own small business (a pension consulting and investment company) to a publicly traded and widely recognized financial conglomerate.
Jaye Wickham Taylor has successfully litigated some of the most challenging and emotionally charged family law cases in the state, involving custody of children to fathers, severe parental alienation and abduction, allegations of domestic violence and international move-away cases. She has also litigated challenges to wills and trusts and elder financial abuse cases in increasing numbers.
Jaye Wickham Taylor and her husband, Lon, have three sons; Mike is a graduate of Harvard University, Rand is a U of O grad and USC Law School Alum, and Nico, their youngest, is a serious foodie and indie-band guru. He is living and working in Portland. Jaye and Lon have been foster parents to seven children over the years. She is an avid cook & gardener.
To stay up to date with topical discussions related to family law, please become a fan of Jaye Wickham Taylor’s Family Law Page on Facebook.
Areas of Focus
- Divorce: including allocation of closely held businesses, pensions, and real estate holdings, family trusts
- Custody of minor children, parenting time, move restrictions
- Child support and spousal support
- Domestic violence and emergency custody
- Grandparent’s visitation and custody
- Parental alienation, including parental abductions
- Modification of prior domestic relations orders
- Will & trust litigation
- Pre- and post-divorce estate planning
- Contested guardianships
- Pre-marital agreements
Professional Achievement & Recognition
- Oregon Super Lawyers Honoree (2012-2017, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law (2019)
- The National Advocates Top 100 (2019)
- Past-president, Buckley Law (2012)
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Getlin’s Corner Foundation, founded in recognition of an epic battle that took place during the Vietnam War, and all of the men who fought and died in it.
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Board of Directors, Classroom Law Project (2010 – present)
- Co-chair, Family Law Section, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (2011 – present)
- Sustaining Member, Lake Oswego Jr. Women’s Club
- Member, Guardian / Conservator Association of Oregon
- Member, National Guardianship Association
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, an organization that works to improve the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict
- Past-Regional Coordinator, High School Mock Trial Competition
- Former Member of the Executive Board, Christie Care
Publications & Presentations
- Guest speaker, AM Northwest KATU Channel 2
- Guest speaker, KXL News Radio
- Past-lecturer and director of education, American Society of Pension Actuaries
- Speaker and lecturer, Family law and foster parenting, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Speaker, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Presenter, Allegations of Sexual Abuse In Family Law Litigation, Multnomah County Bar Association
- Co-author, Judicial Administration Section of the Oregon Legislative Highlight, Oregon State Bar Public Affairs (2009)
- Lecturer and faculty member, Family Law Conference, Oregon State Bar (2011)
Articles & Publications
- Author, Will Options for Divorcing or Newly Separated Parents, Buckley Law (February 8, 2012)
- Author, Uncontested Divorce? Take the Fast Track!, Buckley Law (October 10, 2011)
- Author, The Use and Abuse of Custody and Parenting Time Evaluations, Buckley Law (September 12, 2007)
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts degree
What our clients are saying.
The positive and supportive advocacy I received from Family Law Attorney Jaye Taylor was exceptional. In the midst of chaos, you need an advocate who cares about your overall best interests.