Randall L. Duncan
Randall Duncan is a multi-state attorney with 35 years of experience navigating a range of legal matters for multi-disciplinary business clients. He is an outside general counsel to many of his clients, advising them on a broad range of day-to-day operational, legal, and compliance issues.
He assists clients in understanding and prioritizing the business and legal issues facing their companies, so they can make well-informed and sound decisions.
Randall’s practice focuses on business, real estate, corporate, LLC, and estate planning matters for closely-held businesses and their owners, together with commercial and business entity dispute resolution. Whether you are negotiating a merger, acquisition, or sale of a closely held business, dealing with shareholder or employee planning matters, or in need of advice on contract drafting and negotiations, business entity formation, or intellectual property protection, Randall’s practical approach to help clients “get the deal done” make him a valuable business partner.
As a shareholder at Buckley Law, Randall can leverage the experience and knowledge of core practice groups and attorneys at the firm to provide legal advice on a wide range of matters, including business, real estate, family law, estate planning, employment law, health care, and business litigation.
He is involved with the Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum. Randall is also active in a variety of marine interests, and formerly has served as Judge Advocate to Portland Yacht Club.
Areas of Focus
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Succession
- Business Sale & Acquisition
- Commercial Law
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Oregon Super Lawyers Honoree (2006)
Professional & Community Activities
Randall has served as voluntary counsel for the Oregon State Bar in OSB disciplinary proceedings, as a director of the Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, and was a Master of the Gus J. Solomon Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, Continuing Considerations to Maximize Your Value Prior to Sale, Buckley Law, May 2020
- Panel of Experts, “Business Transition Planning,” seminar sponsored by Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership, May 2013
- Panel of Experts, “Fraud in a Recession, ” seminar,sponsored by US Bank, November 2010
- Panel of Experts, “Business Succession Planning,” seminar, August 2010
- “Advising Closely Held Businesses,” Oregon Law Institute, 2003
“How to Increase the Value and Position the Closely Held Business for Sale,” Multnomah Bar Association CLE, 2005
- “Civil Pleadings, Multnomah Bar Association,” Young Lawyers Section
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- California State
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.) (1983)
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude (1980)