A. Miko Santos, LL.M.
A. Miko Santos is an associate in the Business Law practice group admitted in the state of Oregon and Washington and takes a client-centered approach to serve individuals and businesses in accomplishing their objectives and goals.
He is an experienced and resourceful business and tax attorney with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation and a demonstrated history of expertise in tax, corporate, real estate, non-profits, and general transactional business law.
Miko focuses his energy in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate, commercial and residential real estate, transaction planning and structuring, business formation, estate planning, contracts, and tax.
Prior to joining Buckley Law, Miko worked for Saalfeld Griggs PC in Salem. He is from San Diego but fell in love with the Pacific Northwest and its beautiful scenery and good people. Miko enjoys playing instruments, especially the ukulele.
Areas of Focus
- Organization of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and professional corporations
- General counsel, including contracts, leases, buy-sell agreements, and employee issues
- Shareholder transactions, and loan transactions
- Buying and selling businesses, business dissolutions
- Real estate acquisition and sale agreements
- Non-profit and tax-exempt entities
Professional & Community Activities
- Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Kruse Way Economic Forum Committee (2019)
- Asian Pacific Islander Law Caucus (2015-present); Vice President
- Washington Bar Tax Law Section (2017-2018); Young Lawyer Co-Chair
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- University of Washington – Master of Laws (LL.M.) Taxation (2017)
- Gonzaga University School of Law – Juris Doctor (J.D.) (2016)
- University of California, Irvine – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Sociology (2012)