Margie delivers exceptional value for closely-held business owners. Her clients know that with one phone call she will either handle their legal needs or get them to the right attorney.
With over 15 years of experience, Margie regularly advises companies, both small and large, through every stage of their business life cycles, including formation, negotiation of contracts and leases , buy-sell and shareholder agreements, federal and state regulatory compliance, financing transactions and business exit strategies. Margie has worked both in and with local government and the insurance industry – two entities that businesses often have to face. Margie’s insight into how these entities function helps her find practical and efficient solutions for her clients.
On the litigation side, Margie assists individuals and businesses resolve complex commercial matters and business disputes both in and out of court. As the situation demands, she can play the role of aggressive advocate or practical solution finder. Her case experience spans a variety of areas including: real estate, construction defect, fiduciary litigation, shareholder disputes, corporate valuation, breach of contract, fraudulent transfers and bankruptcy litigation.
Areas of Focus
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
- Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Professional and Community Activities
- Classroom Law Project – Board Chair
- Hunger Fighters of Oregon – Board Member
- Lake Oswego Rotary – Member
- Breast Friends – Former Board Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, Pro Bono Panel – Member
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State and Federal Courts
- Washington State and Federal Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lewis & Clark Law School, cum laude Business Law Fellow
- Vanderbilt University, BA, cum laude