Marjorie Elken is first and foremost a problem solver. She knows legal issues and disputes aren’t “one size fits all,” and a winning strategy can only be developed after listening carefully to her client, understanding their goals, and thinking critically about the best way to achieve those goals. Her clients appreciate that as the situation demands, she can play the role of aggressive advocate or practical solution finder.
Margie represents individuals, fiduciaries and businesses in state and federal court, private arbitrations and mediations. She has a proven track record of getting her clients results: Whether it’s a complete defense verdict for a business in a jury trial or a multi-million dollar settlement for a plaintiff in a mediation. Her case experience spans a variety of areas including trust and estate litigation, creditor’s rights, real estate, and business and commercial litigation.
Margie started her career as a business lawyer, and she remains a trusted advisor to her long-time business clients, particularly in the areas of strategic planning, business acquisitions and sales, and negotiating key contractual relationships.
Areas of Focus
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Professional and Community Activities
- Oregon State Bar – Member
- Classroom Law Project – Board Member
- Lake Oswego Rotary – Board Member
- Breast Friends – Former Board Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, Pro Bono Panel – Member
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State and Federal Courts
- Washington State and Federal Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lewis & Clark Law School, cum laude Business Law Fellow
- Vanderbilt University, BA, cum laude