Joe Carlisle is a shareholder in the firm’s litigation practice group and regularly represents clients in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate level. He has also appeared before a variety of administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals.
Joe’s practice is focused primarily on business disputes, although he also represents clients in real estate matters, employment litigation, healthcare matters, breach of contract and fraud claims, and anti-trust and RICO litigation.
In addition to individuals and closely-held family businesses, Joe has represented local, regional, national and international businesses and associations. Joe’s background exemplifies his commitment to his clients, having successfully defeated anti-trust, securities fraud, Stark law, Medicare fraud and Qui-Tam claims. He has also been successful in a wide variety of unique matters ranging from challenging the passage of legislation and administrative rules detrimental to his clients’ businesses, to obtaining a refund of nearly one million dollars in improperly assessed excise taxes, to prosecuting computer fraud and abuse claims.
Joe Carlisle represents his clients with the dedication, knowledge and understanding necessary to navigate through difficult circumstances in a cost-effective manner. He does this while keeping clients’ goals at the forefront of his work.
Areas of Focus
- Administrative Law
- Healthcare Law
- Oregon U.S. District Court Historical Society, Board Member
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” Award 2014-2015
Professional & Community Activities
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter – Calm in the Time of COVID-19, Portland Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) – April 2020
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Alabama State
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Cumberland School of Law
- B.A., History, University of North Florida