James P. Estes
James P. Estes practices health care law, business law, business formation, business mergers and acquisitions, seniors housing transactions, finance and commercial law, and real estate law.
As part of the Business and Real Estate team at Buckley Law, James is an experienced attorney with a demonstrated experience in handling complexities such as business and financial legal issues, healthcare law, as well as organization and formation of companies, lease drafting and negotiations.
Prior to joining Buckley Law, James was in private practice for more than 17 years handling, commercial real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and business law.
In his free time, James enjoys skiing and attending Portland Timber’s games.
Areas of Focus
- Organization of:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Professional Corporations
- General Counsel:
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shareholder Transactions
- Loan Transactions
- Buying & Selling Businesses, Business Dissolution
- Seniors Housing Licensure
- Commercial leasing
- Purchases, sales, and exchanges
- Development and construction
- Due diligence
- Government entity experience
- Review and negotiate contracts
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Washington State Bar
- Members, Multnomah County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Willamette University, College of Law – Juris Doctor (J.D.) (2001)
- Walla Walla College – B.A., history and environmental studies (cum laude) (1998)