LL.M., MBA, Shareholder
Arash Afshar is a shareholder in the Business Law practice group and focuses his practice on helping individuals and closely-held companies achieve their goals and protect their business interests.
Arash advises clients in the areas of: corporate law, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, and tax law. He utilizies his MBA and tax LL.M. to advise clients on the practical effects of their decisions, while focusing on both short- and long-term sustainability.
Prior to joining Buckley Law, Arash worked for Sherman, Sherman, Johnnie & Hoyt LLP in Salem. He has also worked as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Judith Matarazzo at the Multnomah County Circuit Court and as a law clerk at Mentor Graphics.
In his spare time, Arash enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife Amanda, who is also an attorney, and his two daughters. They have a dog named Wallace (named after former Portland Trail Blazers player Rasheed Wallace). He is an avid sports fan (University of Oregon Ducks, Portland Trail Blazers, Portland Timbers, San Francisco 49ers) and is very active in multiple local sports leagues.
Areas of Focus
- Business and Corporate Law
- Closely-Held Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Community Activities
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar House of Delegates, Taxation Section, Business Law Section
- Marion County Bar Association
- Willamette Valley Inn’s of Court
- Boys and Girls Club of Salem’s Associates Board
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
- Oregon New Lawyers Division
- Oregon Junior Racquetball Association Board of Directors
- Sprague High School Racquetball Coach
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Georgetown University Law Center – Master of Laws (LL.M.) Taxation (2017)
- Willamette University College of Law – Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) and Business Law Certificate, cum laude (2015)
- Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management – Master of Business Administration (MBA) (2015)
- University of Oregon – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration & Management (2010)