Charles Harrell is a Land Use, Real Estate and General Business attorney. Charles received his Bachelor’s degree from George Fox University, where he majored in Business and Economics and minored in Psychology. Charles earned his Juris Doctorate, with a Certificate in Small and Emerging Businesses, from Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College. Charles is a member of the Oregon State Bar and belongs to the Business Law Section and Real Estate and Land Use Section. Charles is a member of the Yamhill County Bar Association, and he is admitted to practice with the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. Charles is a member of the Newberg Noon Rotary Club, is an officer of the Masonic Lodge, No. 3 and No. 4, and belongs to the Kruse Way Young Professionals group. Charles is also a member of the George Fox University Alumni Board of Directors.
Charles’s Land Use and Real Estate work includes land use zoning, comprehensive plan amendments, conditional use permits, variances, applications for land divisions, easements, leasing, construction law, land sale contracts and conditions, covenants and restrictions (CC&Rs). Charles’s business transactions include business formations, business planning, and non-competition agreements. Charles is the co-founder of Buckley Law’s Wine Law Practice Group and represents many winery and vineyard clients, including the Eola-Amity Hills AVA. His work with wineries and vineyards ranges from land use and licensing, including OLCC licensing, and vineyard leasing and sales to entity ownership and formation and business planning.
In his free time Charles and his wife, Crystal, enjoy spending time with their two children, playing soccer and hiking in the Cascades. He also enjoys books on U.S. Civil War History, World War II History, and Theodore Roosevelt.
Primary Areas of Practice
- Land Use: Zoning & Comprehensive Plan Amendments, Conditional Use Permits, Variances & Annexations, Lot Line Adjustments, Land Use Regulation
- Real Estate Transactions: Condominiums & Planned Unit Developments, Acquisitions & Sales, Construction Law, Land Use Contracts
- Corporate & Business Transactions: Asset & Stock Transactions, Entity Ownership & Formation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Planning, Contracts & Agreements
- Debtor & Creditor Law: Business Bankruptcy Representation, Chapter 7, 11, 13 Representation
- Agricultural & Wine Law: Land Use & Licensing, Grape Sales Agreements, Vineyard Leasing, Acquisitions & Sales